Royal Oak Named Official Charcoal of the KY BBQ Festival
The Pitmasters want Royal Oak; the Pitmasters get Royal Oak
Carey Bringle, Peg Leg Porker, cooks with Royal Oak. Melissa Cookston and the Godfather of BBQ, Mike Mills have contributed recipes to Royal Oak.
And now, Royal Oak Charcoal has been named the Official Charcoal of the Kentucky State BBQ Festival. And good hing because Royal Oak is our charcoal of choice as well.
And Royal Oak will be well represented at the 2012 Festival. They shipped us 3200 lbs. of their finest charcoal for use of the Pitmasters at this event. So you may be tasting food prepared with this superior product.
“Royal Oak Charcoal has been bringing people together for good food and fun for over 75 years. Based in Roswell, Georgia, we became a family-owned company in 1959. We’re a leader in grilling and an innovator in instant lighting charcoal, mesquite charcoal, and 100% hardwood charcoal briquets. But what we’re most proud of is celebrating traditions with families like yours. From our family of great brands to your backyard, we invite you, your family and friends to build your own great American grilling tradition.”
Here are some grilling tips from Royal Oak:
- Meat thermometers help you make sure the meat meets the desired temperature.
- Using wood chips and chunks add flavor to what you cook.
- Once the charcoal is lit, don’t start cooking until the briquets are completely ashed over.
- Prevent foods from sticking to the grate by spreading some vegetable oil on a cold, unlit grill with a paper towel.
- Don’t make the rookie mistake of using a grilling fork on your food. It causes the loss of natural meat juices, so use tongs or a spatula (hamburger turner).
- Always use a clean plate for your cooked food to avoid contamination from a plate that held your uncooked food.
- Trimming fat from meat helps to avoid flare-ups and makes for healthier food.
- Apply tomato and sugar based sauces at the end of the cooking as they burn easily.
More information on Royal Oak Charcoal can be found at the Royal Oak website.
Pingback : Royal Oak Named Official Charcoal of the KY BBQ Festival | Your Kentucky Home
i want inquire about oak charcoal how your price
We are a BBQ Festival. We don’t sell charcoal. We can highly recommend Royal Oak products, but you’ll have to buy them from a store that carries them in your area. You can learn more about Royal Oak products at the Royal Oak website.